Facebook - Awesome people and work culture/environment. Opportuniity to make an impact. | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Tough to find a good work-life balance" (in 261 reviews)

• "Expect to Work Hard in line with the Move Fast mantra that pervades the company ethos" (in 61 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Awesome people and work culture/environment. Opportuniity to make an impact."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's something really special about the Facebook culture. Employees are passionate about the work and projects. They are some of the smartest and dedicated I've worked with, and also a lot of fun to work with (seriously). Everyone is focused on the mission of the company, which is awesome. Excellent benefits and employee perks - onsite healthcare, chiropractor, acupuncture, gym and many others I haven't tried out yet. Another huge bonus for me is the support I have here as a woman in the tech community, it's pretty amazing.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is the office location, nothing with the company itself. It's out of the way and nothing around the campus.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I'm impressed with the level trust, support and autonomy management provides employees to run with an idea and own a project.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fun, Forgiving and Challenging"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Salary
    - Free food
    - Can work from home anytime, no penalty
    - Smart and fun team, quick hard-skill growth
    - Lot of open-ended problems, lot of low hanging fruits, lot of possibilities (you just don't see it from outside)
    - No such thing as under-utilized/over-qualified for a job. When you stuck in that situation, you are not challenging yourself enough

Cons

- tax :'( (well it's everybody's problem. But I heard some startup give you salary; tax-less)
    - got some problem with HR regarding compensation. But it was my mistake for being too late.

2. "It was great"

Pros

The atmosphere was great at facebook, my team was very friendly and the culture was great to work with

Cons

The workload was challenging at times and sometimes during deadlines the work could become stressful but overall it was good

Discover more reviews about Facebook.