Facebook - Fantastic internship | Glassdoor

"Fantastic internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is pretty awesome and has staying power. The intern program is amazing and everyone is actually happy that the interns are there.

Cons

Sometimes things can get "hacky" because the company is so small and everyone has so much on their plate, i.e. working code speaks louder than words/design. As a fulltime employee you will ocasionally have to put in merciless overtime.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Excellent place to work at."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with some of the most brilliant computer engineers
    - Impact: harder to find a place where your work touches more than a billion people
    - Open culture: you have all the freedom to work on things other than your project
    - Scale: get to work on some of the most challenging and unique problems that come with the scale of Facebook
    - Amazing perks!

Cons

None that come to my mind.

2. "Awesome people and work culture/environment. Opportuniity to make an impact."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's something really special about the Facebook culture. Employees are passionate about the work and projects. They are some of the smartest and dedicated I've worked with, and also a lot of fun to work with (seriously). Everyone is focused on the mission of the company, which is awesome. Excellent benefits and employee perks - onsite healthcare, chiropractor, acupuncture, gym and many others I haven't tried out yet. Another huge bonus for me is the support I have here as a woman in the tech community, it's pretty amazing.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is the office location, nothing with the company itself. It's out of the way and nothing around the campus.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I'm impressed with the level trust, support and autonomy management provides employees to run with an idea and own a project.