Facebook - Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic."

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not only is everyone incredibly sharp and very good at their jobs, but also, almost without exception, everyone is a pleasure to work and associate with. I'm given an incredible work/life balance. I feel like working on my team is like working with a close group of friends.

Cons

Career paths not very well defined. My interactions with the executive team have been incredibly positive and inspiring. Unfortunately, I've met many director/VPs who tend to be bro-ish and/or cocky.

Advice to Management

Less hubris. This applies mostly to director/VP level, many of whom are becoming a little too self-important.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Simply the most amazing place to work at"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented people everywhere, lots of perks.

Cons

Hard to manage the work/life balance, hard to keep pace with everything happening since the company is getting larger and larger

"Great place to work...very hard... but this teenager of a company is still trying to figure out its HR policies."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The "Move Fast" reputation Facebook is known for is truly how it is inside the company. This makes getting the job done a much less painful experience. Truly an "ask for forgiveness" environment (no need to ask for permission). If there was no downside (which there is), I would give this company a rating of 5 stars hands down.

Cons

Facebook is still in its teenage years of development. While many HR processes & policies are mature (the hiring process is best I've seen), fraternization is overlooked (aka sex between coworkers, sometimes even in the office itself) and relationships within chain of command are accepted/overlooked - yet don't dare say "pimp my ride" in an open space as you will get your hands slapped.

Advice to Management

You can still have the best culture in the world even when implementing some of the standard HR policies you would expect at any reasonably sized company. Do you really think its OK for relationships be in the chain of command (family, dating, etc)?