Facebook - Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic. | Glassdoor

"Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic."

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not only is everyone incredibly sharp and very good at their jobs, but also, almost without exception, everyone is a pleasure to work and associate with. I'm given an incredible work/life balance. I feel like working on my team is like working with a close group of friends.

Cons

Career paths not very well defined. My interactions with the executive team have been incredibly positive and inspiring. Unfortunately, I've met many director/VPs who tend to be bro-ish and/or cocky.

Advice to Management

Less hubris. This applies mostly to director/VP level, many of whom are becoming a little too self-important.

Facebook2014-05-15
  1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great people. - Moves fast and decisions are made quickly. - Build products that touch everyone in the world.

Cons

- Not many to speak of and write about.

Facebook2019-08-21

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.