Facebook - Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job."

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get lots of responsibility, freedom to pursue what you want to and have high impact. Great place to work.. free food and swag

Cons

Getting bigger. Remote offices not as much as fun as headquarters in menlo park.

Advice to Management

blah

"Great company, but disorganization + bad management = a terrible experience for me."

Former Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart people, Zuck has weekly Q+As and answers everything

Cons

The Revenue org is the worst. There is a total lack of transparency, which is different that the Eng and Design orgs.

They say it's easy to transfer, but it's hard to find a role if you aren't a specialist.

Advice to Management

It's not okay to block your employees from doing the work they were hired to do and for not telling them the work was on hold for 8 months.