Facebook - Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job."

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get lots of responsibility, freedom to pursue what you want to and have high impact. Great place to work.. free food and swag

Cons

Getting bigger. Remote offices not as much as fun as headquarters in menlo park.

Advice to Management

blah

"Overall "meh" experience?"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are super smart people there and I was super lucky to get to know them over the summer. Having been there twice in a row I think I really got a good feel for the culture of the company. It has a very friendly culture, which is great. Work-life balance is also alright.

Cons

I had a very dull intern project... it used to be that Facebook typically has fun intern projects, but the company is indeed getting bigger. Some interns this year got boring projects, including myself.

My mentor was also not very helpful and was seldom around for me to ask him for help.

Advice to Management

Consider taking less interns if you feel that some of them might be given a lower quality experience.