Facebook - Simply amazing | Glassdoor

"Simply amazing"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every morning when I go in, I feel like the luckiest guy on earth for ever landing a job here.

Projects: Every team is understaffed, so there is a ton of incredibly important work to do everywhere. Because of this, you can work on high-impact (and potentially high-visibilty) projects from Day 1.

Autonomy: I've always felt extremely trusted in both my technical competency and prioritization skills. Management is (generally) helpful when I want help, but mostly I've been able to do my own thing and work on whatever project feels most important to the company and/or interesting to me.

People: Everyone is really smart, and most people are really friendly, funny, and generally awesome to hang out with.

Food: Amazing. Healthy options are phenomenal, as are the unhealthy ones.

Gym: The staff is incredible.

So much more!

Cons

- Stress: The company likes to run slim. As mentioned in the pros above, this means you're always working on impactful projects, but it also means your team is understaffed and you may have to work some nights and weekends to get stuff done (though definitely not as bad as the previous strartup I worked for). The more teams you work with, the worse this can get, since some people love to load up on meetings during the day.

Egos: There are some people who are really full of themselves and difficult to work with. This happens anywhere I've been, but there's a special brand of self-importance among some folks here. Fortunately, I've never had to work too closely with these people, but they make their presence known.

Advice to Management

Zuck: Keep doing what you're doing. You articulate a great vision for the company and always seem very "real" at Q&As.

Lower management: Live true to the company goals. Unblock your reports, play to their strengths, and help them grow. Instead of requesting "more leadership" from ICs, say what that means and provide coaching.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Facebook is THE place to work"

Current Contractor - Community Operations Contractor in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Community Operations Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen with 3 catered meals a day and unlimited snacks/drinks, Relaxed, open office environment, ping pong, fun and collaborative teams, work hard play hard attitude, couches, etc.

Cons

Difficult to move from contract to contract or contract to full-time/permanent position. Can seem cutthroat at times in office.

2. "No surprises"

Current Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No surprises - Facebook is a great place to work. Clear vision from management, total autonomy to get your job done, fantastic perks and lots of career support.

Cons

It can be hard to keep up with all of the information and changes. It can also be hard to wrap your head around the sheer scale of what we do and how fast things are growing.

Advice to Management

Management should keep doing what they're doing.