Facebook - Facebook breaks new ground in so many areas, including as a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Facebook breaks new ground in so many areas, including as a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

-Everyone is here because we believe in making the world more open and connected. We believe we're making a difference.
-HUGE opportunity- you see something broken, missing, or know how to do something better, go for it.
-Freedom to think outside the box. In fact, there is no box.
-Incredibly smart and supportive people.
-Open and transparent environment.
-We have fun.

Cons

We move so fast and are growing quickly, there's little time to stop and reflect as an individual but also as a team to ensure we're moving forward and focused on the right things.

Advice to Management

Ensure we continue to hire the best people in the leadership roles, whether it is promoting from within or bringing them in from the outside. Having the right culture fit and ability to lead their teams as we grow is critical.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Lots to dive into!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I really like the pace that we're working at -- there's so much going on, and there's a lot of inherent trust in people to run with what they're doing. Policies and red tape in previous companies sometimes left me feeling a bit stifled about what I was able to work on & share, but there really is a sense of openness at Facebook, not only in communication, but in the ability to jump into projects that call out to you as well.

And beyond that, the people really are incredible: smart, fun, unique, and passionate about what they're doing. It's hard not to get excited by the people alone!

Cons

The pace *can* be a little crazy -- one of our values is moving fast, and we definitely do that -- and generally that's a huge pro to working here, but at times, it can be a little much. There are definitely good policies around PTO, and the environment *is* understanding about balancing work & personal life, but that's ultimately up to the individual to carry out, which can be difficult to do in practice.

Advice to Management

I would encourage the leadership to make themselves visible, both at all-hands events, but also in the sense of cross-pollination. It's invaluable, for example, to hear about product strategy from the head of Engineering at an HR team meeting; or to have the head of Finance share what he's focusing on with the Sales team -- efforts like that really don't take much time at all and are a highly impactful way to get communication and knowledge flowing across the company.

2. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

- Great, innovative company which is in the business of building great communities.
    - Fast and dynamic culture with a passion to "move fast and break things"
    - Amazing growth potential in career
    - Smaller teams, yet ability to make bigger impact
    - Transparency and open communication
    - Risk takers

Cons

Can be a bit chaotic for someone coming form a highly process driven environment...but I love it!

Advice to Management

You are doing an awesome job...just don't stop taking risks!