Facebook - Really Great Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Really Great Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed how open the company was. You can pretty much talk to anyone in the company about any of their work. The organization of the small/flat teams also allows people to have a lot of ownership over the various features that they have built.

Cons

Work life balance can at times be a little bit rough, but this is also helped by the frequent employee events and the diversity of benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I felt like my coworkers and I all really enjoyed working at Facebook this past Summer.

Facebook2016-03-07
  1. "Software Engineering Intern"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship)

I have been working at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and great perks

Cons

Not getting a lot of control and notice about what team you are working on.

Facebook2019-10-18

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.