Fairfield Residential - Decent pay but you pay for it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fairfield Residential

"Decent pay but you pay for it!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Fairfield Residential (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay well for the area, friendly team environment, health insurance is good.

Cons

Programs the company uses to manage their property are dated and add a lot of unnecessary steps that could be avoided if Fairfield decided to upgrade/pay more for a more efficient system. It takes literally 5-6 different programs to do one thing where other companies use like 1 or 2. If Fairfiled did this, they would actually save money in the end by staff having more time to market and get people in the door and spend more time taking care of residents. It would actually make room for less human error if they upgraded and audits would be easier and less hectic. Assistant managers are stuck manually adding all charges to the ledgers while my previous company everything was seamlessly done and you ran one report or two to make sure everything was correct. Leasing and assistants have less ability to make changes/see any thing w/o manager. Overall a lot of headaches to get paper work done correctly and a lot of wasted time.

There is also an expectancy to over work yourself and still get treated the same. If you want to keep your job best believe you have to be on your toes and work your butt off. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it leaves a distaste in your mouth when you see that management is so busy due to lack of necessary system upgrades that they trickle down their work to everyone else which overwhelms people and creates more inaccuracies.

Advice to Management

If I can advise them anything it's to look into different options that will help their staff become more productive in less time. Please upgrade your system and see you're other options. I'll give you a hint, it's also one of the programs you use daily in leasing as well. Look into it! And stop slaving your staff. Spend a few days in the office and see how much needs to get done in a day. Yes there can be slow days but when it's busy it's made unnecessarily longer.

Other Employee Reviews for Fairfield Residential

1. "Its been good"

Pros

The comany is very Organized

Cons

The management can be micro-managing

"Fairfield always encouraged me to do my very best."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Derry, NH
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Derry, NH

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The property managers are awesome. Very understanding and relatable people, at least in NH where I worked. Very competitive commissions and bonuses as a leasing consultant.

Cons

Open 7 days a week for the most part…. and not a lot of "holidays off".