FalconStor - Think long and hard, a complete restructuring is happening now | Glassdoor

"Think long and hard, a complete restructuring is happening now"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at FalconStor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products, great learning experience particularly to those new to industry, decent health insurance benefits, fellow employees are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Still struggling terribly in the market place. Extremely insecure future for the company right now 2Q 2017. Health insurance benefits waining. No 401k match. Stock is at all time low. FalconStor historically does not engage employees with career advancement activates, whether professional or IT industry based training, you are on your own. Financial compensation for rank and file employees is sub... industry/geographical standards.

Advice to Management

Take the company private, truly empower your employees. Take a closer look at the entire portfolio and dive deep to compare them to competitive products in the market. Completely reboot and re-invest in a precise and strategic marketing plan. One that will truly resonate with customers and industry analysts and not just mildly placate them. Clearly it is either that or simply sell it all off to the highest bidder... before its too late. Oracle, Dell, IBM, Microsoft, AWS. They all should make an offer resulting in a veritable bidding war.

FalconStor2017-06-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Positive outlook for the future"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

I had good conversations with the new senior leadership and they seem committed to turning the company around. They seem to have a vision and a plan to turn around this company which seems to have been on a downhill slide in the past. Some hard choices will have to be made in the process but I have faith that the company is on a path to recovery.

Cons

Not enough information at this time.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the people, product and customers like you are and things will turn around. Good luck!

FalconStor2017-10-19

FalconStor Response

February 9, 2018Senior Director Global HR

Thanks a lot for your feedback - we really appreciate it and thanks also for your advice - it´s exactly what we are trying to do and to your point: we can already see the positive impact. We are also trying to be as transparent as possible and increase the rate and quality of our internal communication.

2. "FalconStor 2018"

I have been working at FalconStor full-time

Pros

New management is willing to listen and seems committed to positive change. My immediate supervisor is extremely supportive and great to work for. Allowed the freedom to work independently.

Cons

lack of internal resources can be difficult at times. there is still the stigma of FalconStor's history.

FalconStor2018-12-06

Discover more reviews about FalconStor.