Family Dollar Stores - Great place to work if you need some cash, don't mind manual labor, and look for a better job once you're hired. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

"Great place to work if you need some cash, don't mind manual labor, and look for a better job once you're hired."

Former Employee - Order Filler in Marianna, FL
Former Employee - Order Filler in Marianna, FL

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. Friendly upper-management. Friendly co-workers (out of 500+ people, 10 might be unfriendly). Production pay.

Cons

Poor equipment. Work environment works against you. Poor retention. Dangerous work environment. Departments don't try to work together like they should.

Advice to Management

Plan the work schedule better and try to have more effect on what is decided for your facility on a corporate level. Alot of the issues you face are ones you can stop from ever occurring. I also feel that it's unfair of you to ask so much of your workers when you know that there are several factors hindering them from meeting their Argent goals. Especially when those hindrances are ones you are more than happy to ignore. Remain friendly and close to your workers. Your attitudes and the way you treat your workers like friends or equals is probably the only thing keeping most people there.

Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

"Dissatisfaction"

Pros

There are no pros that pop out

Cons

There are to many cons to list

"Two weeks Notice"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is my employees and my customers. The customers are so upset they have started a petition to ban the store when me and my crew leave

Cons

I have 4 kids I've been with the company almost 3 years and I'm on District Manager # 4. I've never received a P.I.P. never had loss prevention in my store never had high shrink no customer complaints and my store is the #1 store out of a district of 22 stores and we now have a new DM who thinks she's gonna change all of that by writing me up twice in one day and telling my employees that in her opinion the whole crew needs to go away hate to tell her that the customers disagree with her 100% . But Family Dollar is gonna loose a great crew and a lot of money on her behalf. We know that it only take 3 write ups before termination I will not be disgraced!

Advice to Management

Clarify who protects team members from unfair members of upper management when they have a hidden agenda. Y'all have the arbitration agreement to protect y'all from us because y'all know that y'all are an unfair company. Who protects the ones who are really making y'all money because without us y'all are nothing!