Family Health Centers of San Diego - Great experience for college graduate! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Family Health Centers of San Diego

"Great experience for college graduate!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Family Health Centers of San Diego full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people who work here are hard-working team players and it's easy to make lifelong friends here. I did not use the health benefits, but heard that they were comparable to those offered by Sharp or Kaiser. Time-off accrual is at a decent rate. Company values motivate employees to continue growing within the company.

Cons

Compensation is generally much lower than other employers within San Diego county, but this is expected since it is a non-profit organization. Some members of management can be very difficult to work with.

Other Employee Reviews for Family Health Centers of San Diego

"High stress, nice staff, mgmt doesn't value providers"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Family Health Centers of San Diego full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-See very interesting pathology, higher acuity practice than you'd find anywhere else.
    -Staff & providers are supportive, friendly, and have good integrity.

Cons

-Management's only priority is how many patients you see in a day, they don't value employees so there's a high turnover rate at Logan.
    -Extremely low pay for providers.
    -Most sick leave is taken away from vacation time.
    -Stressful, complex population but still only 15 minutes to see each patient.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping staff/providers happier and less overworked, less stressed so that they won't quit as soon as they can find something better.

"My dream job within the company became the worst experience ever."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Family Health Centers of San Diego full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Patients would recognize my hard work

Cons

Too much gossiping. Supervisor says we are a team but yet the staff is not willing to be a team. They expected me to know all these things being new there. And the MAs would tell me that they didn't get any more training that why should they train me more. The staff criticize me and complain about me everytime. I think they complained about me too much because I tried to get along with the supervisor. I loved my supervisor even if she let me go but I don't know why her MAs complained about her so much. I learned so much from her and I thank her for that. From now on I hope the best to that clinic. They lack communication as a team. But to criticize staff they are so good. So disappointed because I really liked that company but the staff made me think the opposite.

Advice to Management

If we are 'family' then why living in fear in what the other staff would judge other staff and not help us instead rather complaining to supervisor how bad a person is doing especially new people