Family Video - Great place to work, amazing staff and lots of variety | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Family Video

"Great place to work, amazing staff and lots of variety"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oshkosh, WI
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Family Video part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for Family Video for two years and really enjoyed it. They worked around any scheduling issues and overall were great. Made some life-long friends with staff.

Cons

Managers seem to change stores a lot. There is minimal staffing and no scheduled breaks. Lots of delegation for training new employees. Full-time hours for part-time pay with no benefits. Loved the company but eventually couldn't deal with yet another crappy manager.

Advice to Management

Don't use your full-time staff to train your under-prepared managers. I would have loved to stay with this company. As a hard working employee, I was chased off because the district manager started noticing my potential and the store manager got jealous.

Other Employee Reviews for Family Video

1. "It is nice and friendly."

Current Employee - Cashier in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Family Video part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They empower their employees and reward those who deserve it. Everyone I met so far has been kind and helpful. It is a growing company and they're always hiring.

Cons

They don't take it lightly when you forget to do something or forget how to do something. If you are not always on your A-game, you are criticized. Quiet people are misunderstood.

2. "Huge learning experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Family Video part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, exciting place to work. You earn small commisions depending on how much you sell and get free movies!

Cons

Sometimes the work is not worth the pay. You are responsible for a ton of projects and maintaining excellent customer service and if it's a slow season you are working by yourself. They are slow to give raises