Fan TV - All rowing together | Glassdoor

"All rowing together"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time

Pros

Inspiring CEO, Strong and experienced team, huge vision, amazing passion, friendly work environment, lots of perks including meals, heath club, and corporate benefits, movie buffs, mentorship, generous company events and activities.

Cons

Fanhattan is not (yet) located in San Francisco city, currently located in San Mateo, which means commuting for employees in the city. That being said, the office is located a few blocks from the train and provides transit or parking passes.

Other Employee Reviews for Fan TV

1. "Brilliant minds, fantastic tech, exciting industry, rewarding work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work alongside some of the most creative, driven and fun people from Hollywood and Silicon Valley, as well as the Hulk, Iron Man and Han Solo whose life-sized figures cheer you on at your spacious and sunny desk. Get paid to talk about and watch TV shows and movies. Make entertainment technology better.

Cons

Most of us can't spend the WHOLE day watching videos. The generous spread of free food and beverages also makes it hard to keep those New Years' resolutions, although there ARE healthy options like fruit, nuts and green tea.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work -- you're building something uniquely awesome here.

2. "Satisfied Designer"

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Fanhattan we all work very close together. We have daily stand-ups at the start of everyday on our all of our products. Everyone is well versed in each product and constantly updated on their statuses. We have all hands meetings monthly both on and off-site. Catered lunch is a common occurrence and off-site events with teams are always a blast. Weekly one-on-one meetings with upper management are appreciated, this provides the opportunity to verbalize problems and concerns.

Cons

Office is a little small and sometimes loud for this growing company. Can be particular about who they hire (which can be both good and bad).

Advice to Management

There is always room to improve team communication, compared to when I first started this has changed dramatically!