Fanatics - It was a lot of work for very little reward. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fanatics

"It was a lot of work for very little reward."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Auburn, AL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Auburn, AL

I have been working at Fanatics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is cohesive and friendly. Even the customers, primarily Auburn fans, are great to work with. The people all around make this job worth it, without the customer base and the staff that it has, the store would have few redeeming qualities from an employee's perspective. If you are a sports fan or especially an Auburn fan, this position does give you unique opportunities to interact with Auburn players and coaches as well as famous Auburn facilities like Jordan-Hare stadium.

Cons

The work can be gruling with long hours and often real physical labor. These periods of intense, tiring work are punctuated by long stretches of brain-numbing boredom.

Advice to Management

The nature of this business really precludes fixing the negative aspects of this job.

Other Employee Reviews for Fanatics

"Better than most jobs"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fanatics as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, Casual dress, open door policy , great management, friendly co-workers

Cons

pay rate for both "temp" and perm employees , constant changes that limit ability to work and keep busy, appreciation, and the ability to grow within the company , micro management.

Advice to Management

Seems like we are losing the values we were taught in training. "To consider the customer first in everything we do." Instead we are now basing on performance, call time , quality and attendance- which is focusing more so on the employees and not the customer. Also believe any " temps" that are kept passed their original contracted time should automatically be considered for perm. instead of wondering if their job is on the line or not. Not a good feeling to walk into work knowing you have put forth the effort that is expected out of us , and it goes unnoticed. As far as management - all the team leads are amazing, have personality and are always there for you, and willing to talk. The rest of the company is awsome for the most part . Just needs to go back to the way it was, seems like the customers were more happy with their service . Although it is nice to see a company grow rapidly, it would be better if the company was more prepared for the growth. All in all. They are a pretty nice company to work for, or else I would have never came back when Randstad called me to come back .

"What started out to be a promising opportunity surrounded by positive colleagues turned into a political nightmare."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fanatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible about hours, gives you breathing room to deal with any cases of emergencies or illness.

Cons

the value of "Customers First" no longer applies because it seems that management is only concentrating on numbers. The monitoring for the call center is unrealistic if you also want to make productivity. Moving up is about who you know. Most of my colleagues still act like they are in high school and spend work hours participating in gossip.

Advice to Management

Learn some empathy for those you are leading. If need be, get on the phones with representatives to know what it's like and see if you can meet your own expectations. Give everyone a chance to speak up, and not just the employees who act like your best friend or your mole.