Fandom - Perfect place for me | Glassdoor

"Perfect place for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fandom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wikia has a beautiful office with excellent support staff keeping things well maintained. The location is nice, right in between bart/muni and caltrain. The product is open source and has millions of enthusiastic users.

Cons

Every job has it's downsides, but the good far outweighs the bad for me here. One challenge at Wikia is maintaining a very large product with a ton of features that sometimes aren't as well maintained as they would be if there were less features.

Advice to Management

It's nice to have democratic processes but often things are too democratic and decisions just need to be made. This company can err on the side of democracy over getting things done.

Other Employee Reviews for Fandom

"A great place, but with big flaws"

I have been working at Fandom full-time

Pros

Working in Fandom has provided an enormous improvement in life quality. The company culture emphasizes the importance of balance between work and personal life. Managers are open to let their employees work from home a few times a week as long as their projects are delivered.

Cons

There have been too many changes in a short period of time and it has affected a lot the environment. Some people that have been there for a while don't feel part of the company anymore.

Advice to Management

When opening new positions, try to take a better look inside of the company instead of rushing out to the market to get someone new. Some employees do have the skills necessary to thrive in other areas and provide even more value to the company compared to what they provide right now. It's just a matter of developing the talent the company already has and improving the process for them to get to the teams they can excel at.

Fandom Response

Apr 14, 2017 – President and CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I agree with you -- there have been a lot of changes in the company in a short amount of time and that has affected the environment. As a CEO that has ... More

"Run as far away as you can."

I have been working at Fandom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Conveniently located
    - Able to work autonomously
    - Booze is free? I guess?

Cons

Bottom line: you're just a cog in the machine. If you're seeking employment here, know that your teammates are basically like the musicians on the Titanic... meaning this boat's a-sinking, and you're gonna go down with the captain.

Advice to Management

Get that $$$$ while you can, cause it's gonna run out.