Fannie Mae - Very satisfied employee, but always room for improvement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae

"Very satisfied employee, but always room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very team work oriented atmosphere. Employees actually care about each other and won't hesitate to help a teammate out if needed. I feel that internal hiring/promotions are fair and that Fannie really does try to encourage hiring/promoting from within. Generally happy employees, will always get a smile or hi in passing other employees in the hall or elevator. Very diverse workplace. The pay here is decent, always could be better. I feel that the benefits are great as well but there always could be room for improvement.

Cons

Sometimes a little too serious. Could use more "fun" employee engagement activities. In my opinion, thats what helps foster more of a sense of belonging and loyalty to the organization.

Advice to Management

More assistance in career development would be nice!

Other Employee Reviews for Fannie Mae

1. "Just okay"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, for the most part, are very nice. Middle management sometimes reminds me of Dilbert's boss; senior management is very focused.

Cons

The old adage "who you know is more imporant than what you know" is alive and well.

Advice to Management

Instead of just talking about helping homeowners, talk about what will happen to thousands and thousands of employees over the next 5 years as the fed close the company.

"Fannie Mae Fraud Investigator III"

Former Employee - Fraud Investigator III in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Fraud Investigator III in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent experience-base as I was a previous (first) contractor in the fraud department for 3+ years as well.

Cons

Current management has total lack of concern for associate's moral. Previous Manager and Director we an excellent team. Upper management made a huge mistake replacing this team with the current team.

Advice to Management

Upper management is fully aware of their associates dissatisfaction as it has been fully shown in each yearly decline.