Fannie Mae - Good Subculture within a Sclerotic Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae

"Good Subculture within a Sclerotic Culture"

Current Employee - Credit Risk Analyst II in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Credit Risk Analyst II in Washington, DC

Pros

If you can find one of the highly motivated groups within the company, you will be surrounded by people who are intellectually engaged, genuinely want to do the right thing, and can have fun together.

The benefits are also pretty nice, especially the housing subsidy if you're going to be there for a long time.

Cons

It can be difficult to find necessary information, unless you're one of the people who have been around forever and know whom to call.

Some parts of the company are not highly motivated, and are a drag on the rest of us.

Advice to Management

More important than having leaner processes, we badly need to have faster processes. We talk a lot about "providing value," but until we're willing to prune our policies to match what we're actually willing to enforce, we will continue to be a nightmare for some lenders to deal with.

Other Employee Reviews for Fannie Mae

1. "I felt pretty good about my job and Fannie Mae prior to the conservatorship in 2008. Things have been different since."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Good salary, benefits and great learning opportunities

Cons

Since the conservatorship, there have been quite some changes (good or bad) and uncertainties about the company.

Advice to Management

More transparent. Better communications on the next steps.

2. "Learning the “Transparency” is only for the little guys and not the Leadership or the “Who you knows”"

Current Employee - CRT in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - CRT in Dallas, TX

Pros

Really good pay if you work in QC! Now that department is a joke. If you work in CRT or QA/CRT you will need a sleeping bag.

Cons

Again if you work in QC you have it made. But QA/CRT and CRT you can't even take a lunch its backass backwards! Do Quality work, but then when the others leave the room, its, go get 4 files done, or 5, or 6. Whatever it maybe but get them done as management leaves for the night and says have a good evening or weekend. Yeah Right. STRESS

Advice to Management

Wake up and listen! I use to love my job, but when the production went up and I can hardly get up to use the restroom and I see QC or Mentors, walking around, talking and laughing and I am working my A_s off it really gets me that you think that’s OK! And what’s up with these Mentors? What a stupid Idea!