Fantasy Springs Resort Casino - Okay, nothing really sent me or made the experience special. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

"Okay, nothing really sent me or made the experience special."

Pros

A variety of jobs and positions to work in or for. A large selection.

Cons

They have a non-rehireable policy, from when I worked there prior (1995).Employees should wear their uniforms more professionally.

Advice to Management

Police your staff better. Support and enforce, no bunching on the work floor. Show that you take pride in your work, sloppy management in the restaurant.

Other Employee Reviews for Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

1. "Eh...It's Just A Job."

I have been working at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino part-time

Pros

Flexible hours - Just tell them during the interview and they will try to work with you.

Awesome coworkers - It's a casino, so you gotta have tough skin to work there, especially with all the girls that work there. But for the most part, the employees will tell you that their coworkers are probably their favorite thing about working there.

Variety - There are different bars throughout the casino, which is nice. Personally, I don't like to stay stagnant.

Special Events - From concerts, to private parties, to fund raisers. Most are fun, some are a dud. But Banquet events (private parties, fund raisers, etc) pay $14/hr plus tips!

Cons

Inconsistent hours - when management is "moody," you will be poorly scheduled.

Inconsistent management.

"Divas" you have to work with.

Smoking environment.

Long hours, sometimes without a break. Overtime is only paid if you've exceeded 40 hours/week.

Pays less than minimum wage.

You're just a body there. I've been told by the director of F&B that his department is just there as a "bonus." And that F&B makes less than a fraction of Gaming so we're not that important. The VP even said that as long as we're serving at least 2 drinks per hour, that's paying our hourly rate and that's all that matters. Despite these cons, I've been able to make a living, working here.

"I enjoy my time here"

I have been working at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers. Perks. Upper management is great. Lots of employee appreciation events.

Cons

Stagnation. Bad food in the EDR. Review system does not take in to account accomplishments ie. increased revenue and savings.