Fantasy Springs Resort Casino - One of the best Casino in the Desert | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

"One of the best Casino in the Desert"

Former Employee - Bartender in Indio, CA
Former Employee - Bartender in Indio, CA

I worked at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a bartender for this casino, and I have tended to celebrities. It takes care of its employees and customers..

Cons

The only con is that the casino is a little too small but the hotel is awesome. The concerts are one of the best in the desert.

Advice to Management

I would expand the casino gaming floor to welcome all sorts of gaming and all sorts of gambler because when I was there it seems like they market mostly machine gamblers

Other Employee Reviews for Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

1. "Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer

I worked at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, ability to move up, great attitude from management , steady schedule (speaking for the department I worked in), management stands up for employees and they would do anything to accommodate employees in case special life situations arise. Organized holiday events for employees and their families. Very flexible attendance policy.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad about the company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Eh...It's Just A Job."

I have been working at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino part-time

Pros

Flexible hours - Just tell them during the interview and they will try to work with you.

Awesome coworkers - It's a casino, so you gotta have tough skin to work there, especially with all the girls that work there. But for the most part, the employees will tell you that their coworkers are probably their favorite thing about working there.

Variety - There are different bars throughout the casino, which is nice. Personally, I don't like to stay stagnant.

Special Events - From concerts, to private parties, to fund raisers. Most are fun, some are a dud. But Banquet events (private parties, fund raisers, etc) pay $14/hr plus tips!

Cons

Inconsistent hours - when management is "moody," you will be poorly scheduled.

Inconsistent management.

"Divas" you have to work with.

Smoking environment.

Long hours, sometimes without a break. Overtime is only paid if you've exceeded 40 hours/week.

Pays less than minimum wage.

You're just a body there. I've been told by the director of F&B that his department is just there as a "bonus." And that F&B makes less than a fraction of Gaming so we're not that important. The VP even said that as long as we're serving at least 2 drinks per hour, that's paying our hourly rate and that's all that matters. Despite these cons, I've been able to make a living, working here.