Farm Credit Services of America - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

I worked at Farm Credit Services of America full-time

Pros

Great emphasis on the Team and culture.

Cons

Work Life Balance
Potential Career growth

Advice to Management

More focus on real:
Diversity
Work Life Balance
Career growth

Other Employee Reviews for Farm Credit Services of America

"Nice people, bad boss"

I worked at Farm Credit Services of America full-time

Pros

Almost all of the people I met and worked with at Farm Credit Services of America were friendly and helpful, and I got along well with them. Physically speaking, the work environment is unlike any I've ever experienced: The corporate office is aesthetically pleasing, with beautiful artwork and furnishings. FCS America has extremely deep pockets and is generous with its money, both with customers and employees. The pay and benefits are great. Overall, a wonderful place to work if you fit into the company culture and toe the line.

Cons

Unfortunately for me, I worked for a supervisor who was ultra-paranoid about image: hers, her subordinates and the company. While I understand the importance of company image, she went way beyond what a rational person would consider normal. Because of the environment she created within our work group, I became afraid of making a mistake, saying the wrong thing or taking risks to try new ways of conducting business. I don't know if other departments in the company had similar-type supervisors, but my experience with my supervisor was not pleasant.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, trust your employees and don't treat them like children. The people who work at FCS America are proud of the company and work hard to make it better. Don't stifle creative thinking. There isn't always just one right way to do something.

2. "A great Place to Work in Omaha"

Current Contractor - BI Developer in Omaha, NE
    Current Contractor - BI Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Farm Credit Services of America as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in Omaha. Great work Culture and very good co-ordination between several teams. Leaders are great foundations of this company.

Cons

Haven't noticed that much yet.