Farmers Insurance Group FCU - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group FCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Passionate, smart people who care about what they do. Focus on the customer. People take pride in doing a good job. Front line management listens, is connected and cares.

Cons

Some confusion regarding strategic direction. Not all middle management supportive, capable or onboard with change. Internal structure leads to some disparate employee experiences, depending on where you are in the organization.

Advice to Management

Take a good, honest look at middle to upper-middle management and have the courage to remove those who are blockers or resisters.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group FCU

1. "They ask us what we want and then do the opposite - Commercial Claims"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Orange, CA

Pros

The company is well intentioned with its employees. They ask for honest feedback.
    If you have the right manager, they will fight for you.

Cons

The management team is inexperienced, scared and unwilling to speak up about all of the dysfunction in the department. They cope with this by micromanaging the adjusters. I am not even sure they like each other. It does not seem the executive management wants to do anything to fix this. The adjusters are now being penalized for speaking up.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ethical complaints lodged against the department. Clearly the adjusters are trying to tell you something. Getting rid of people is not going to make the department better.

"Catastrophe Claims Dept"

Current Employee - Catastrophe Claim Representative in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Catastrophe Claim Representative in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

from the start you can feel the support and structure that is a large company like farmers insurance. You are provided all of the typical benefits, along with the training needed to start your job. You are also provided, in the catastrophe claims dept, a few other benefits. Company car and gas, at a small cost to you, and the ability to reap all of the benefits of travel rewards. ie hotel, flight, rental car rewards. If you love to travel for lengthy periods of time this will satisfy that itch. Most of the time you have good support from you supervisor when needed.

Cons

You are working for an extremely large company and where thats nice when you need structure, expect to be micro managed from not only your supervisor but also management. You are not recognized on merit to promote within, but more by politics and the ability to past tests that in most cases were not related to your exact job. If you are an adjustor or professional with experience, your skills will more than likely be marginalized here as they are moving to spread out responsibilities to so many people that you feel your not part of a team but rather an expendable employee.

Advice to Management

Allow adjustors to do their jobs. Remember that keeping employees happy with real world tactics, not just pep rallies saying you want us to be happy or bbq's & chili cookoffs. We don't care about that. Listen to your adjustors and heed their advice as they/we are the ones out there in the field. Get back in touch with what we do out there. Show us we can trust you.