Farmers Insurance Group - I enjoyed the time I spent working for the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"I enjoyed the time I spent working for the company."

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Producer Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Helping people cover their vunerabilities.

Cons

Commission based sales makes it hard to make time for a personal life.

Advice to Management

Better compensation and opportunity to advance.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

1. "Good for entry level"

Former Employee - Adjuster in McAllen, TX
    Former Employee - Adjuster in McAllen, TX

Pros

They spend a lot of time and money training you to be successful - from laptops, phones, etc. to 2 and 3 week classes across the country.

Cons

In the office I worked in, it felt like only a few select people advanced. I don't think I would have moved up much if I had stayed there for a long time.

Advice to Management

Even new people have a lot to offer - the training is really great just work on the encouragement back in the home office.

"Disorganized and dysfunctional workplace with ancient systems and processes."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA

Pros

The benefits package is good but getting less and less each year. Some departments allowed flexible work schedules. Convenient cafeteria with decent food.

Cons

Somewhat unfriendly atmosphere. Not customer friendly in their processes and procedures. Not enough quality support for agents. Developed a severance package policy and promoted it as a new benefit for employees.

Advice to Management

Farmers was successful for many years in spite of itself. Investments have been made to help bring in new business but very little has been invested in the servicing of business or delivering the promise. This is a great time to focus on providing a great customer experience and bringing the companies processes into the current century.