Farmers Insurance Group - Farmers Takes Care of Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Farmers Takes Care of Employees"

Current Employee - Service Advocate in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Service Advocate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Farmers offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package in which they match your 401k contributions up to 6% of salary and you are 100% vested in your 401k from day 1! Farmers is always doing little things to brighten the mood in the office including numerous contests/raffles, decorating for all holidays and food giveaways/potlucks. Farmers is a great company to work for because they truely do take care of their employees.

Cons

It was office-cubicle work, but as I said the compensation was more than worth it.

Advice to Management

Revise the metrics. Its far too easy to cheat and slack off.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Don't work here unless it's the last place on earth... maybe not even then."

Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck. Sorry, that's the only positive thing I can think of after 5 years.

Cons

VERY little room to grow. Your skills, abilities, experience, and ambition play no role in where you go in the company. They do not value any of these things from their employees. It's just a popularity contest. The best and brightest are overlooked for the ones who are liked by the incompetent leadership. Maybe that is because they feel threatened when there is someone who is more qualified to do their job than they are.

Advice to Management

Actually review your employees' skills and try to put them to use. If you want a truly engaged workforce try to have their needs and concerns in mind (honestly not condescendingly).

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Profit sharing was great even though I was only there a few months I still was able to earn money from it. Great company.

Cons

None that I can think of...Only worked there for a few months until I moved to another city, otherwise I don't see any reason I would have left.