Farmers Insurance Group - I enjoy working here | Glassdoor

"I enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Trial Attorney in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Trial Attorney in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Employer matches up to 6% of 401k and you are 100% vested immediately. Good health benefits and at time when health care costs are becoming exploitative, good benefits are a plus. We have the potential to receive very competitive bonuses each year. And, I enjoy a flexible work schedule compared to my attorney friends working elsewhere. Overall fulfilled.

Cons

The raises could be higher.

Advice to Management

Explain why we are seeking to buy an NFL football field using a cost- benefits analysis. Are we gaining "free" advertising, which will lead to more growth? Or are we just buying a football field?

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Job Security."

Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a big company - meaning you have to try very hard if you want to lose your job. Once you're in, your job is likely safe. They have many great benefits, such as 20 days annual PTO, $500 HSA deposit (with a $100/year minimum contribution) and dollar-to-dollar 401K match up to 6% of your salary (100% fully vested on date-of-hire).

Cons

It is a big company - meaning that while there's always opportunities to advance, unfortunately there are few of those opportunities in KC. Health insurance premiums are expensive, too, compared to most other companies, it seems.

Advice to Management

More advancement opportunities! Present employees with the opportunities to gain the skills and display the qualities you want to see!

"A great insurance company but could treat their own better the last couple of years."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products and claims. There is also a good sense of agents helping agents with all aspects of the business. The agency force is second to none. The thing Farmers does do right is they are good at insurance.

Cons

State office and upper level management are clueless to how to run an agency. You have corporate people trying to tell business owners how to run a business. They have a new latest and greatest almost yearly and we are suppose to eat it up and forget what was said or promised in the past.

Advice to Management

Remember who pays your salary. When looking for ways to cut cost why not ask those on the front lines. I don't need reports of meetings we had that were also posted online and then emailed to me and required 3 people to handle that workload. While meetings and email may justify your job I actually have work to do.