Farmers Insurance Group - I enjoy working here | Glassdoor

"I enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Trial Attorney in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Trial Attorney in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Employer matches up to 6% of 401k and you are 100% vested immediately. Good health benefits and at time when health care costs are becoming exploitative, good benefits are a plus. We have the potential to receive very competitive bonuses each year. And, I enjoy a flexible work schedule compared to my attorney friends working elsewhere. Overall fulfilled.

Cons

The raises could be higher.

Advice to Management

Explain why we are seeking to buy an NFL football field using a cost- benefits analysis. Are we gaining "free" advertising, which will lead to more growth? Or are we just buying a football field?

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Job Security."

Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a big company - meaning you have to try very hard if you want to lose your job. Once you're in, your job is likely safe. They have many great benefits, such as 20 days annual PTO, $500 HSA deposit (with a $100/year minimum contribution) and dollar-to-dollar 401K match up to 6% of your salary (100% fully vested on date-of-hire).

Cons

It is a big company - meaning that while there's always opportunities to advance, unfortunately there are few of those opportunities in KC. Health insurance premiums are expensive, too, compared to most other companies, it seems.

Advice to Management

More advancement opportunities! Present employees with the opportunities to gain the skills and display the qualities you want to see!

"Great work to life balance, but high demands at the job not matching salary."

Current Employee - Office Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Office Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, weekends and holidays off.

Cons

Push efficiency and productivity to the brink. You do gain efficiency skills due to the high work load, but many times the expectation seems impracticable, and not compensated with a match in pay.

Advice to Management

Base staffing levels off of an average employees productivity level. This will encourage the newer employees to be more efficient, while having a reasonable workload for employees. More efficient employees will be given additional tasks and would be compensated with raises and bonuses.