Farmers Insurance Group - Good, honest place to work if you like business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Good, honest place to work if you like business"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Glen Ellyn, IL
Former Employee - Telemarketer in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first job, as a telemarketer and sales assistant. I worked in a private office in Glen Ellyn, my boss was very knowledgeable and understanding. The only reason I quit was because of not getting enough hours.

Cons

Imput system was very outdated. Farmers' service was of no help when I called about it. This is the only bad thing I could think of.

Advice to Management

Update your system that you use! An outdated version of Internet Explorer shouldn't have to be opened in order to use your outdated data client.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Good experience"

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunities if able to relocate. Good people to work with. Good compensation/benefits package.

Cons

High work demands, inconsistent executive leadership/direction, work/life balance is difficult to obtain due to workload, need to work in a hub to progress your career beyond first layer management.

"Company on the wrong track"

Current Employee - Agent in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Agent in Casper, WY

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good product array, good financial service products, good contract for agents again.

Cons

Highest price in insurance on a lot of products. Poor agency support and unrealistic expectations. Unreliable computer systems and horrible upper management. Over promises and no follow through on the company side. Customer experience is horrible.

Advice to Management

Clean house ! Quit all the distortion of truths, go back to being real with agents and customers and care about them!,!!