Farmers Insurance Group - A great opportunity to learn. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"A great opportunity to learn."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They strongly encourage and even offer to finance my getting my life and disability insurance licenses. The customers are really friendly and are nice to work with, they appreciate assistance.

Cons

At times I felt that I was supposed to be dishonest in some gray areas, and I didn't feel comfortable, and did not go along with it. My view of the agents became tarnished.

Advice to Management

Keep all dates and records on the up and up, offer community services honestly for the purpose of future marketing in addition to helping out (instead of pretending to the staff that it was entirely a heartfelt motivation only to be asked to call on "leads" after). Be up front with office and business goals where it would affect your employees (i.e. hours available, office mergers, etc.).

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Terrible"

Current Employee - FCR
    Current Employee - FCR

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

company car, phone and lap top

Cons

terrible place to work, don't work here
    they don't care about their employees, and you won't move up

Advice to Management

be honest that you don't have the money to give your employees better salaries

"It's going down"

Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, performance based bonuses, advancement opportunity if you are interested in moving up and are mobile, friendly employees.

Cons

The company is undergoing a major cultural shift. Performance expectations are difficult to maintain in conjunction with providing good customer service and meeting behavior expectations set forth by management. Procedures change so frequently no one knows what is going on at any level. Supervisors and managers are hired into positions they have no technical experience in and front line employees are frustrated that their leadership team doesn't understand the basics of their job. Front line employees and customers are often not taken into consideration when major decisions are made and process changes are implemented. Most supervisors and managers are afraid to speak up against anything for fear of being chastised.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line employees and empower them to provide better levels of customer service that the current structure does not allow.