Farmers Insurance Group - Great experience...room for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Great experience...room for advancement"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement, team atmosphere, ongoing trainings

Cons

Too much gossiping about co-workers.

Advice to Management

Monitor the talking and gossiping

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

1. "Difficult to get started, but potentially very lucrative"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self employed. Write your own hours. Be your own boss.

Cons

Constantly have the threat of termination hanging over your head as you attempt to make increasing sales goals.

Advice to Management

Remove LLR restriction on agent contracts. We are in a bad economy, I have no control over people losing their jobs and yet if other people lose their jobs, that puts me at risk of losing my job.

2. "Great opportunities & expansion into global parent"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. A lot of growth opportunities and experiences (e.g. internal and in parent company Zurich).
    2. "Family" culture where local employees feel like they are part of a family.
    3. C-Level executives are very 'down to Earth' and approachable (e.g. no Ivory Tower).
    4. Many programs for change and adapting the business to the needs of the market to be more competitive are heavily supported from CEO.
    5. Strong brand and long history of presence in the U.S..

I would and have recommended this organization to friends, family, and strangers! I believe in Farmers and have confidence change will happen.

Cons

1. Internal politics - local business units (e.g. Farmers Management) vs. regional and global business units (e.g. Zurich Insurance Company) make it challenging to work collaboratively.
    2. Unknown strategy with 21st Century - needs more investment not neglect.
    3. Heavy reliance on agency force to deliver growth - this is not sustainable, look at the market!
    4. Many long tenured employees and leaders who slow down forward movement for change (e.g. afraid of change).

The strengths outweigh the weaknesses, but we need a stronger push to change faster!

Advice to Management

1. Invest in a strong direct business to cater to younger generations - if the current model does not change Farmers will not be agile and competitive (e.g. compare to Allstate, Statefarm, & USAA).
    2. 'Confidential planner' is not a growth sustainable target group for growing the business - need more partnership with retailers and direct access.
    3. Rates and customer services competitiveness - we should be in the front of the pack, not the rear.