Farmers Insurance Group - Overall good experience | Glassdoor

"Overall good experience"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, and benefits, large company

Cons

Many layoffs, mergers have been tough.

Advice to Management

Too many surveys.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"Came to Farmers From Another Insurance Company"

Current Employee - Special Investigator
    Current Employee - Special Investigator

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-In my position, I work from home and that is a huge plus
    -My schedule is flexible (I'm a salaried employee)
    -My manager doesn't micromanage-you get your job done however you need to, in as many hours as you need to
    -Company provided vehicle
    -The University of Farmers training is great! Informative, fun, and you get to travel to Los Angeles for it
    -Farmers not only supports obtaining higher education (insurance designations), but will pay for it and give you bonuses once complete
    -The company is very involved with various charities, especially The March of Dimes
    -Unlike other well-known insurance companies, Farmers doesn't do restructuring every couple of years (ie management layoffs and demotions, only to do a mass manager hiring a few years later...and repeat)
    -I truly felt welcomed when I was hired, not only by my direct managers, but by the company as a whole. They do a good job of reaching out to you and thanking you for joining the team.

Cons

-The claims computer program (system used by anyone in any sort of claims capacity) is a bit complicated to use. It provides a lot of information, but not user friendly
    -I don't like not being able to find a job salary grid on their intranet. One can find job descriptions, but the salary ranges aren't readily available (I like to know what my earning potential is; it keeps me motivated)
    -Depending on the position, your initial training may drag out and become boring (but I suppose it is better to have too much training, rather than not enough)

Advice to Management

I do not have any at this time

2. "Not a terrible place to work"

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Potential for raises is good if you are a high performer. There is an emphasis on learning and growth. Most of the supervisors I have worked for have taken strong interest in helping me advance.

Cons

High stress. Advancement opportunities fairly limited right now. Benefits change for the worse every few years. At lower levels there is not a lot of authority given to employees.