Farmers Insurance Group - As a newby agent it seems pretty good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

"As a newby agent it seems pretty good."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great atmosphere, the people that work in the office are pretty positive people. The training has been comprehensive. I hear them saying all the things that I want them to say. They have free literature to distribute to prospects.

Cons

It is commission sales and so as the guy said on the first day you eat what you kill. There is the possibility that you can make it, but it is hard work. I'm not impressed with the products, they have for sale, everything seems expensive.

Advice to Management

The products have to compete with the best.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

1. "Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk II in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk II in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

Cons

The work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Management

I have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

"Make sure you can weather the 3-5 months it takes to become a career agent."

Former Employee - Reserve Agent in Collierville, TN
    Former Employee - Reserve Agent in Collierville, TN

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

You have the potential to own your own business if you can get through the training and find ways to get clients.

Cons

The rates for home and auto change when there have been a lot of claims in your area. If you start this job like I did when Farmers had many claims on homes the rates go up and the rates are less competitive it makes you less attractive to potential candidates who already have insurance.
    READ the fine print on your contract. I sent my resignation by email and my post wasn't terminated for several months. Now I have a bill from THIS district office that says I owe them money for a canceled policy after I resigned.