Fast Enterprises - Cares deeply about its people | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Cares deeply about its people"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast, even at the 1000+ size it is, still cares deeply about each and every employee. Their benefits, even the way they help people move, the way they bring individuals AND their spouses/families into the culture, it super impressive and I love that about Fast. The work we do is serious in terms of being important work - our clients are generally very positive to work with and welcoming, so it is a pleasant place to be day-to-day. I don't think I would find another company where growth and actual personal improvement and opportunity is better - FAST really cares and wants both our clients and our employees to succeed. This doesn't mean that there aren't times where thing get tough for a time, or you have to solve a big problem that is new to you, but the resources are there to work through those things and keep on moving.

Cons

Any con I can think of is also a pro depending on how you look at it. Occasional relocation is also an opportunity to experience a new place and city. Occasional overtime is also an opportunity to make $.

Advice to Management

Employees love the partner interaction - everyone enjoys having a partner on their project or visiting their project. Keep that up!!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Work Hard/Play Hard"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Fast is a lot of fun with a lot of opportunity to explore the world; we have several over-seas projects in addition to our projects around the country, so there are always opportunities to explore new places. Additionally, since the Fast culture is a very transient one (people frequently move between projects), the company is constantly working to host events/dinners/parties where people can get together and get to know each other and unwind and make the employees feel at home. When the work week can range from 40-60 hours, depending on how busy the project is, Fasties seem to know the value of taking time to step away from the office and do something fun to help relax and take their minds off work. You won't generally have to look very hard to find someone in Fast who wants to step away from the office and grab a drink or dinner or go out and do something not work related.

Cons

One of the hardest parts of working for Fast is the mobile lifestyle. Even if you are cool with moving frequently (you never move out-of-pocket), it becomes difficult to plan your life when you never really know where you might be in the next couple months. Additionally, depending on the project that you are on, the work can be very fast-paced and a little high-pressure. Some times are great with a 40-hour work week, other times, you may be putting in 60+ hours a week in order to meet a deadline or asked to jump into something new and then give a presentation on it to the client even if you aren't 100% comfortable with it yourself. While this might present a lot of learning experiences, it can also be very overwhelming.

Advice to Management

I think the thing that I would like the most is if the relocation process were a little bit more transparent. My biggest problem is not the moving itself, I'm cool with moving, but it always seems to come as a big surprise to most people. I realize that some things come up quickly, and sometimes projects have to be staffed in a hurry, but in my experience, the surprise uprooting is more the rule than the exception.

2. "The kind of company you want to work for"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent salary, travel opportunities, team mentality, Annual General Meeting in new interesting locations every year

Cons

No 401k matching, mandatory moving, not great for career advancement within the software development realm

Advice to Management

Consider 401k pattern matching

Discover more reviews about Fast Enterprises.