Fast Enterprises - Some opportunities you should not pass up! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fast Enterprises

"Some opportunities you should not pass up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A strong software package based on a methodology that actually works. The work we do provides a benefit to society. FAST is a family oriented company that is based on values of hard work and providing the service that we say we will provide. Strong support structure with extremely talented minds and personalities which makes our knowledge very well shared throughout the company. Challenging work which helps grow your skills and your future.

Cons

Sometimes you must make sacrifices so that it all works. If you do not want to do that then do something else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for all of the opportunities you have provided for my family and I. I look forward to continued success!

Other Employee Reviews for Fast Enterprises

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Software Implementation Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Implementation Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits/salary are great.
    The people are smart and fun to work with.
    Paid overtime.
    Opportunity to go to new places and meet new people.

Cons

At times there can be long hours.
    You may not get a lot of notice before moving to another location.

"Couldn't Ask For A Better Post-College Job"

Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone with the company has been nothing but sincere and friendly, even the partners. The flat management structure means you actually meet the company founders and decision makers. Not being a computer programmer, I was worried about being an outsider on site, but the implementation consultants (developers) are always happy to answer questions and advance my technical understanding of the product. As for the skills and experience I brought to the job, my knowledge and experience in adult education have always been respected by my co-workers and supervisors. I don't feel like I have to "prove" myself or reiterate my credibility every five seconds.

Benefits include insurance, "when it rains it pours" assistance, professional financial planning advice, and adequate vacation/sick time to feel well and rested when on the job. Overtime is compensated and company culture encourages "letting your hair down" with workmates when the work is done. They may need you to move periodically, but they cover moving expenses, which sealed the deal for me personally.

I also like that titles don't really mean much at FAST. I am a training coordinator, but also do a lot of technical writing, get to try my hand at development and configuration, will be coordinating testing, and I do the "little" things that need to be done when implementation consultants are too swamped with programming to do much else.

One of the big reasons I accepted the offer was the company's perspective on community involvement. We are highly encouraged to be pro-active in the cities we work/live and do things for the community as a group. There is also a gift-matching program!

I would also highlight the fact that FAST understands and utilizes superior customer service, despite the fact that the client base consists of government agencies. I was hoping this was the case, asked questions along that line at my interviews, and have not been disappointed.

Cons

If you're a "put down roots" type of person, this might not be the best option, but there are new methods in place so that employees might be able to move less (?). Certain community service opportunities (Big Brothers/Big Sisters, mentor-ship programs, etc. ) and pursuing adoption/foster parenting may not be feasible due to uncertainty in your life.

When a new project is ready to be implemented there is a TON of overtime to meet deadlines, even for training coordinators.

You spend the first month in the dark a lot, because you don't get your company training for about 3 to 6 weeks after your start date. If you're lucky enough to hire into a busy project, this might not be a big deal since you'll be too busy to worry about company history and standard procedures.

Advice to Management

Give new-hires more information earlier on. For example, company history, clear instructions on the resources available through the company's intranet, and a "Welcome to ______________" packet for the city they live in with tips for getting settled. It might also be reasonable to include an introduction to Tax/Driver's Services/Unemployment Insurance. A lot of confusion exists early on just because of industry specific vocabulary. New hires may be able to contribute more if they're not spending so much time on "translation". Really, though, those are nit-picky suggestions.