Employee Review

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 27, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bismarck, ND
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, everybody is super nice and they treat the employees very well

Cons

You get moved around the country a lot and don't have much say in where you go.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Perspective from a 10+ year employee

Sep 19, 2021 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pay and benefits. The partners were all employees at one time and invest in their workers both cause they should and because they have to. - This is not software engineering and is proprietary for the most part, but do you do learn a lot of soft skills dealing with people, managing folks and problem solving. Learning on your feet is an underrated skill. - To be honest, if you're a half decent employee, job security. They have a hard time attracting and keeping talent so show up on time, be friendly, care about your work and you're set. - Travel and seeing different places. I was interested in that and have gotten to do it and my life is better for it. If your heart is not in relocation, do not take this job. - You work with some smart, fun folks who give a damn. - As mentioned there are not many transferrable skills from this job. That being said, SQL and relational database are a huge part of it. You're basically an entry level DBA within 5 years when it comes to writing and tuning SQL. At least they are finally switching to C#

Cons

- Relocation if you're not into it. I was but it's not for everyone and they pay more for that. - Clients vary wildly. Generally speaking, the places you want to live have worse clients and the places you don't want to live have better clients. It's funny but true. - Hours can be bad but to be honest, In over 10 years it's never been an issue for me. I work overtime as I need it and don't when I don't. No manager has ever made me work worthless or mandatory time. I get my work done and done well. - The work itself is not satisfying at times. Parts of it down right suck while other parts I love. I enjoy learning new things, designing processes, problem solving and working with all sorts of personalities over the country and world. - Outside of SQL and relational databases, no transferrable software engineering skills.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I have so much respect for this company. We do engaging work that requires a positive attitude and critical thinking.

Sep 8, 2021 - Implementation Consultant Lead in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly cares about their employees. I make great connections with my co-workers and have nice managers. The work is engaging and challenging.

Cons

The work we do can become overwhelmingly complicated sometimes. This can be challenging when you are an experienced developer who continually gets assigned these problems.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Fast Enterprises.