Fast-Teks - Generally a good experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fast-Teks

"Generally a good experience"

Former Employee - Computer Technician
Former Employee - Computer Technician

Pros

You control when you are available for PC repair appointments with a web based calendar....if you don't want to work, you just block it out. Manager was friendly and understanding when issues arose. Pay was very fair, and you would get a bonus for selling a discounted labor "lifetime membership" program.

Cons

Techs are expected to provide all their own tools and software. Nearly impossible to have everything you need for every different type of system you may end up working on. Never knew how long an appointment would last...sometimes I would be at a customer's house till 11pm because their PC was in such bad shape. Made it hard to plan your evening. I left the company because I basically got burned out and frustrated with inept computer users, and customers with attitude problems. Also, the unexpected long evenings weren't worth the money I was making.

Advice to Management

Provide all techs with basic tools and OS media. A laptop would be great too to download drivers, etc., when someone's PC needs to be reloaded from scratch.

Other Employee Reviews for Fast-Teks

1. "Fast-teks"

Former Employee - Desktop Support/Installation Computer Technician in Drexel Hill, PA

I worked at Fast-Teks part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A franchise, so owners tend to be more hands on/accessible. Both residential and business clients seem to be pretty easy to please (at least where I was located). Hourly rate was good.

Cons

Workload (and thus pay) varied wildly as does the locations of the calls. Call center not local, so not familiar with travel distances/times between calls--sometimes resulted in calls being scheduled too close together.

Advice to Management

Local owner/management was fine, the central call center is what needed work

2. "Owner"

Former Employee - Area Director At Fast Teks in Cocoa, FL
    Former Employee - Area Director At Fast Teks in Cocoa, FL

I worked at Fast-Teks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None......No real support.. They basically stole $40,000 from me. I do better on my own with my own new store at 1367 cypress avenue in Melbourne. I offer $25 off service if you mentioned this review. . The owners of the franchise are usually people that don't know a thing about technology services.

Cons

The cons..hahaha... Nobody worth hiring works for them. The technicians all stole either money or ripped off customers.