Faurecia - Great learning experience | Glassdoor

"Great learning experience"

Current Intern - Purchasing Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
Current Intern - Purchasing Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Faurecia as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Good management to help you grow. Especially if your new to automotive.

Cons

Different departments are behind in their work which hinders your ability to perform without mistakes. Expects too much from those who prove they are excellent workers.

Horrible compensation for interns. My advice for interns: do not go above and beyond because you will get nothing for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Hire younger managers that can show their abilities. Take chances with younger workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Faurecia

1. "Growing company"

Former Employee - UAP Quality Engineer in Cottondale, AL
    Former Employee - UAP Quality Engineer in Cottondale, AL

I worked at Faurecia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Faurecia allows young people a chance to learn and grow within the company. Work hard, long hours, and comment to focus on work and Fauceria will be a great place to work. It's pleasing that Faurecia gives new young people the opportunity to work; while teaching them discipline on what it takes to work in a assembly plant.

Cons

Management changing all the time.

Advice to Management

Management needs more compassion for the people rather than being pro active after incident happen.

"Leave your creativity, initiative and intelligence at home when you come to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

I have been working at Faurecia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company supplied work shirts, very good benefits, vacation time, small bonuses, pay is okay.

The company, or at least FECT, Faurecia Emmissions Contriol Technologies is growing fast. They do give bonuses, though they are rather puny. I would have given this review one star, but, i do not want to scare away hourly folks as this place does have many merits for them.

Also, if you are salaried, don't like to think, want to move up, this place is for you! There is little creativity required of the feeble minded, but, the turn-over is so high that if you stick around, you could probably have your bosses job in 3 years. That is good...right?

It is a very good place to learn various LEAN principles and take to another employer. You will learn them hear, but, you rarely will apply them here.

Cons

No creativity, employees are unhappy, hypocritical management, FES work place rules, un-professional management, inefficient FES system, broken systems.

To begin I want the reader to know that I work at the Franklin, FECT plant and have no idea what goes on at the other divisions, nor at the other plants within FECT in North America. They may be 100% different, though, having never been to another plant, I can only go by heresay. I am told by many that Franklin is one of the better plants, and if so, I am even more concerned.

All of FECT uses the hopelessly inefficient Faurecia Excellence System, or FES. In is silly at best, wastful at the worst. This location uses bits and pieces of it. It is based on Toyota, but, FECT only gives it lip-service. They say they are using it, but, when something breaks down, nobody is help accountable, So, why worry about doing anything the rescribed way, if being lazy is easier.

They claim they want ideas to save money. Who doesn't. But, nearly everyone, in whispers, says how broken corporate is, how broken FES is and how clumsily the place is run, but, management (who will say the same things in private) then tow the company line and refuse to make changes they know will lead to greater efficiency and quality.

FECT wants to have you believe they have adopted a Japanese model. We drop words like Lean, Kaizan, 5-S and Continuous Improvement, but, they really don't apply them as nobody has been trained on any of it. Much of the rules are imposed by France. Of course the French are known for their hard work and effiecency and all those fine French cars all of Ameria loves to drive.

It is a production plant, so it is noisy, dirty and the lot and grounds are a mess.

Advice to Management

Either be 100% in with Faurecia Excellence System, or let plants run themselves using creativity and hard work.