Favor - People need to know | Glassdoor
  1. "People need to know"

Current Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Tomball, TX

I have been working at Favor for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for some extra income and have some free time, this is a good job to have. Favor is a company which works with independent contractors (delivery drivers) to make “runs” for people. Most of the time it’s food orders. I love it because it gives me an opportunity to make over $100 each day with hours I set myself. I tend to go to the areas where I know there will always be orders from customers to save on gas. I typically don’t wait more than 10 minutes before another order rolls in when I do this. After I fulfill an order, I usually get another one soon after. On average I make about 2 deliveries per hour. Since the area I go to is really nice, I usually get $10 in tips per order which is great to me because the delivery fee ($2.10 at its lowest) in addition to the $10 tip, means I make about $25/hr. They have tech support on the app which makes it great to reach out if you need a quick answer. Since I live nearby the area I deliver, I don’t have to drive so far which has saved me on gas, but for those who are curious, gas is not a main issue. With the money I earn doing this part-time, my gas is easily replaced with one or two orders and I typically don’t use up more than half my tank within a day. I would recommend that anyone who wants to get easier access to the deposits from deliveries should open a bank account with Woodforest because I get deposits every day of the week with the exception to the weekends. I believe this is due to my bank doing things early. A lot of people will complain about how Favor needs to be more involved with the gas and mileage or the schedule hours or parking but people need to recognize that each delivery driver is a business so-to-speak so Favor views them as independent and should not have to get SO involved. It’s a partnership where each person has their own business to look out for first and foremost but help each other as well.

Cons

As a student in college, making this kind of money each day is great for me but I do realize it wouldn’t be ideal for full-time. One of the main reasons for that is the type of lifestyle you have. If you’re living in a $500 apartment and own your car outright, then this job can offer you nearly $3K each month if you did it full-time. That’s totally doable. However, if you are paying off your mortgage and a car loan and have kids, working this full-time is not the way to go. I recommend this specifically to students and to people looking for some quick cash. Making a whole career out of this is asking too much from the Favor company. It’s like asking your local pizza delivery guy if he would see himself making a career from his job. Simple. No. I will say that I would warn drivers to be cautious of developing areas or areas near the edges of the marketplace(the area where Favor is operating) because the GPS can get a little wonky. Like I mentioned before, I work within an area that is really nice and the people who order from Favor have always been nice to me. This can change if I go to congested areas. A lot of people like to complain on here about some of the smallest things like how Favor needs to increase the pay per delivery or the pay for the scheduled hours, but honestly it’s not like that at all. The scheduled hours offer a minimum of $9/hr and those hours are VERY competitive but they are always being canceled last minute and I have been able to pick up a few but not a lot. Also, each restaurant I’ve been to has been nice to me and do not make me wait long at all for the customer’s orders despite the fact that I don’t leave tips for them. The only time this changes is if the order is really big or I could not place an order over the phone. If that’s the case, I place it in person and I have to wait like 10-20 minutes depending on the order. Additionally, I have only experienced a very small amount of orders where the customer tipped only $2 (most of which were teens which I totally understand) and it can’t be helped.

Continue reading
    Favor2020-02-06
  1. "So far So Good"

Current Freelancer - Runner in Cleburne, TX

I have been working at Favor for less than a year

Pros

Scheduling is flexible and easy.

Cons

Schedule is not always available.

Favor2020-03-30
  2. "You can make a lot more than they guarantee if you're fast."

Current Freelancer - Favor Runner in College Station, TX

I have been working at Favor

Pros

You can work whenever you want, not for 6 months then get right back to it. They also have bonuses and specials a lot where you make more.

Cons

Gas money and miles on your car.

Favor2020-03-27

Discover more reviews about Favor.