FedEx Ground - Education is key | Glassdoor

"Education is key"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They support students and encourage them to pursue being promoted to management. Apply for as many positions without any restrictions. Great benefits. Employees literally get a whole website full of benefits from restaurants to car warranty. They hire from within so no outside competition (that I know of). Managers and supervisors are very approachable.

Cons

Very physical and demanding. Not for the weak. Pursue your education, so you can apply for promotions as soon as your 90 day probationary period is over.

Advice to Management

Hire or train lower tier managers, such as operations managers to be more engaging with their workers.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Ground

"The pay is decent but it can be a stressful environment."

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Keasbey, NJ
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Keasbey, NJ

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent and if you don't like sitting for 8 hours a day this job keeps you active and can get you in better shape. There are many options for what hours you would want.

Cons

Training is basically learning by doing. It can be a stressful environment if there is too much work for that day.

Advice to Management

Have a better training program. Most of the training I got was common sense but when I needed to actually learn specific of my job I was told "You'll get the hang of it after a while."

"Steady, full-time corporate job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at FedEx Ground full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the benefits that come with working for a major corporation. From competitive wages to great health care programs to an exciting culture that focuses on speed and accuracy. Generally, all employees operate daily with the same basic goal: to provide top quality transportation services nationwide.

Cons

Lower level employees may have a harder time trying to convey their points of view to management, but this can usually be resolved by approaching another manager within the department.

Advice to Management

Bring on more challenging tasks! The more you give, the more we can accomplish!