FedEx Office - Not enough pay for what you have to put up with... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

"Not enough pay for what you have to put up with..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Centerville, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Centerville, OH

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of benefits, a decent shipping discount, always accommodated the hours I needed when I was taking classes

Cons

Pay isn't horrible, but it isn't enough for having to deal with the customers that are just plain mean. Training is just computer based training, and the PPA software you have to use is complicated.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

"Run away while you can"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Burlington, VT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great customers that you enjoy seeing on a regular basis and some great co-workers that make it tollerable to come to this place everyday.

Cons

Where to start...I was hired at $10.00 for 40 hours a week. By the time i signed my acceptance letter it was $11.00 an hour at 32 hours a week. Dissapointing for my only income but was told that I would have plenty of opportunity to pick up extra hours. My awesome manager that held everyone equally responsible was moved to a bigger store and our new manager is new, never managed a day in his life and is sinking instead of swimming, no matter how great of a person he is the managing skills are lacking. We are understaffed, overworked but not enough to get overtime r even 40 hours a week but just enough to make you exhausted from all the shift changes. Our store is remote and has no sales supports, no delivery support but we are still expected to meet the same deliveries for major accounts and the same sales goals, and when we don't we get our hours cut yet again. Employees who don't do their job, show up late, take long lunches without saying anything, tell customers confidential company information and are just lacking in common sense are not punished but reqarded by getting extra long vacations, whatever shift they want, get to go home early for special events while the hard working employees pick up the slack and constantly fix his mistakes. The management is happy to take credit for things we do good but if we mess up they have no problem throwing us under the bus when it's jobs we shouldn't even be doing in the first place. Bonus's are gone and corporate expects us to make up the difference by selling unwanted crappy POM's that we rotate on a tri monthy basis so the market is over saturated an no one wants a stupid thumb drive for 12.99 when they can get one at Best Buy for half the price without having them pushed on them like crack. Oh and for all my hard work I get a 3% raise once a year IF I get a high enough score on my review.

Advice to Management

Train your managers, make sure they are following through with behavioral disapline when needed and stop changing policies every other week.

2. "Good place to work but limited movement forward"

Current Employee - Anonymousigns and Graphics Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymousigns and Graphics Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your start times are pretty lax. The position I am in lets me have control of my department. Also they offer tuition assistance that is helpful.

Cons

They are a bit understaffed and the Signs and Graphics deptartment only has one person on days and a part-time evening shift which needs to change. Definitely a minimal amount of opportinities to move forward.

Advice to Management

Hire more people for understaffed departments and provide more management direction for the graveyard shift so they do not leave so much unfinished or finished wrong work.