FedEx Office - Do more with less and like it or leave! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

"Do more with less and like it or leave!"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, tuition reimbursement, average pay for center team members. Most centers work pretty well as a team environment.

Cons

Mgmt expects top notch customer service when they've slashed staff and can't retain new talent because of the added stress being short staffed causes.

Advice to Management

We are a prining and shipping company, not a retail giant like staples. Bring PSP back to people-service-profit, not profit-service-people.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

1. "FedEx office was a professional and friendly environment."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the Pros of working at FedEx Office were employee diversity, scheduling flexibility, and quality management. Everyone who worked at my store was from a different ethnic background, and everyone was very friendly which made for a pleasant work environment. The store manager was very flexible with my school schedule.

Cons

There was no cons that stood out to me about working with FedEx Office.

Advice to Management

..allow for easier employee transfer between stores.

"Sterile, cold environment."

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matching and decent pay if you can get promoted quickly. 1 week paid vacation to start, 2 weeks after working for a year. If you like production/printing , the job can actually be fun.

Cons

Upper management is extremely inconsistent. They change employee requirements all the time and they force employees to try to sell useless garbage to every customer that walks in the door. The forced interactions have made the customer-employee relationship degrade into something lifeless instead of a warm, honest interaction. This trend of "corporatizing" everything seems to be continuing and getting worse with time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "Product of the Month" that we are forced to sell to every customer. When you enact a new policy, stick with it for more than 2 months. Let us focus on serving the customers' needs and doing our work quickly and accurately instead of worrying about getting written up over not greeting one customer.