FedEx Office - Is the team worth it | Glassdoor

"Is the team worth it"

Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls
Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

on the whole a customer satisfaction environment

Cons

trying to cut costs at the expense of team and customers which is crushing the pros

Advice to Management

Embrace your existing team members, they have the experience and the knowledge and should be compensated for it.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

1. "Good Job, everyone was actually friendly and about getting the job done right."

Pros

Good pay for a relatively easy job. Benefits after 60days I believe.

Cons

None that I experienced while employed there.

2. "Fedex Office is a mixed bag of management that is elitist and mediocre, while the benefits are becoming slimmer."

Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist
    Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work with Fedex Office is the flexible time to organize your life and work a autopilot like job, if you have a rockin' management team as I did. If your applying to a store without a laissez-faire management style, don't waste your energy with this company.

Cons

This company has threads of elitism. It is very difficult to move up in this company. One could spend three years in customer service making small and large sales. Typically the large sales would be handled by an field account executive (FAE). In my experience, my FAE left much to be desired, so I found that I could do aspects of that job as well. I then applied for an FAE job, stating such experience and continually had the door slammed in my face as I lacked "experience". Yet, HR hires FAEs straight from the street. Similar threads of elitism exist, as I have seen managers and employees treated very poorly that they walked out or gave notice. There are too much elitist attitudes and communication issues from the poor work life balance of mediocre "dead" management.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring and place trust in your employees. I had too many managers surf facebook while I worked 10 to 18 hour days. Train your management team to actively engage the team to unify the store so that it operates seamlessly, or get a new manager. Too many disconnects to make this behemoth a fiscally sounds enterprise as Fedex posts lower than expected 3Q 2012 results.