FedEx Office - Brilliant career choice if you need to be micro-managed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

"Brilliant career choice if you need to be micro-managed"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent, inside work environment, impossible to be be bored, every day has the potential to offer a new challenge, upward mobility - particularly if you are able to re-locate.

Cons

You will positively go INSANE as a manager if: 1) You are used to being given broad goals and given a lot of latitude to achieve them 2) Have a creative mind and work to improve process, procedures, and find a better way of doing things (FedEx Office shows no interest in what the field management staff might have to say) 3) are willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy your valuable customer without having to find systems, policies, and the general operational environment of the company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the micro-managing programs and process and recognize that every business location attracts a different mix of customers with different needs, wants, and desires. HQ's staff needs to get rid of the 'the field will screw it up so we better dumb it down' mentality and recognize that HQ is a SUPPORT system for field operations and not vice-versa.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

"Terrible Stay Away"

Current Employee - Consultant in Glastonbury, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Glastonbury, CT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn alot about multi-tasking and computers

Cons

The Worst management in the world

"Our District Manager is the worse for District 14"

Current Employee - Center Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Center Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I use to have a great team, but they are all gone cause of DM who in charge of district 14.

Cons

Everything, short staff, terrible DM for district 14, terrible team manager for # 5147. They don't give you a break to acknowledge your positive work. I wish our CEO did something to help us out a bit.

Advice to Management

I been working for this company for a long time, use to come in happy to do lots of work and get the job done, after all the little things, and threats of write up it was like my new management team and our clueless DM didn't give a crap about us Employees. I hope you understand, if you don't its ok. I don't blame you, I just wish we had a cool DM or a awesome Manager who supported us, instead of being nothing but making us worry. I want to enjoy work again, but how can I if they holding me back.