FedEx Office - Brilliant career choice if you need to be micro-managed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

"Brilliant career choice if you need to be micro-managed"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent, inside work environment, impossible to be be bored, every day has the potential to offer a new challenge, upward mobility - particularly if you are able to re-locate.

Cons

You will positively go INSANE as a manager if: 1) You are used to being given broad goals and given a lot of latitude to achieve them 2) Have a creative mind and work to improve process, procedures, and find a better way of doing things (FedEx Office shows no interest in what the field management staff might have to say) 3) are willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy your valuable customer without having to find systems, policies, and the general operational environment of the company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the micro-managing programs and process and recognize that every business location attracts a different mix of customers with different needs, wants, and desires. HQ's staff needs to get rid of the 'the field will screw it up so we better dumb it down' mentality and recognize that HQ is a SUPPORT system for field operations and not vice-versa.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

"Terrible Stay Away"

Current Employee - Consultant in Glastonbury, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Glastonbury, CT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn alot about multi-tasking and computers

Cons

The Worst management in the world

"My experience is summed up like this: my father 1k miles away rejoiced when I turned in my resignation letter."

Former Employee - S&G Flagship Specialist
    Former Employee - S&G Flagship Specialist

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Of one pro of this company is ability to network for a better job like a madman.

Cons

Management is unknowledgeable, nepotistic, and sophomoric.

Advice to Management

Work the trenches and learn your customers *along side* your employees. Please refrain from playing solitaire and surfing facebook while your employees work 40+ hours a week to make ends for the project on hand, along with the questions regarding why we're pulling 40+ hours a week. From the top of management down, there are fatal flaws in the management style of Fedex Office. I'm not here to teach.