FedEx Office - A corporate culture belied by the opportunity to help the public | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

"A corporate culture belied by the opportunity to help the public"

Former Employee - Center Specialist in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Center Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many good things about working for FedEx Office, such as the investment the company seems to make in their employees from day one, which (more often than not) leads to a great work environment at the store level. Benefits are fantastic (I had surgery for $80 - in AMERICA) and the work is fun and engaging.

Cons

Everything done above the store level gets filtered through thousands of man-hours of corporate tweaking, so that when it finally trickles down to the employees on the ground it's thick with the gunge of a hundred managers trying to justify their existences.

Advice to Management

Greater autonomy would increase morale, and quality. What plays in Fort Worth doesn't always play in Peoria.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

"Bad Managers"

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the customers. It nice having repeat customers especially when they only ask for you... The variety of tasks is probably the main reason I stayed there so long. It actually is possible to move up in the company.

Cons

It was almost impossible to find someone to take your shift (even incase of a family emergency). Bonuses sucked because they stopped or just made our goal obviously unattainable for our small store. (not just saying that.) Management doesn't care about their employee. They fired store managers for ridiculous reasons as an example to everyone that they are 'cleaning house'. We were good workers who loved our jobs but ended up afraid we would lose our job for no reason every single day. Management and other positions of authority were power hungry and smug. They visited the centers and talked down to us like we didn't have a clue. They only saw the bad. We were never rewarded for our accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Managers, when you visit different centers, maybe treat us like we matter to the company. Motivation and excitement at work is no longer felt when you only point out the things that are wrong. Also, when an employee contacts HR about their manager, how about you start taking that kind of stuff more seriously before you start losing customers to Alphagraphics because not even the customer like the manager.

2. "Mediocre"

Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduale, no micro management

Cons

Our services are from average to below average in quality and expensive. Not easy to sell for this company.

Advice to Management

To become a legitimate print vendor, buy some legitimate printing equipment. Stop outsourcing everything and Invest in real equipment at the center level. Staff the centers appropriately, consultants hate their job because they are overworked and underpaid and provide lousy service because of this. The quality of your cannon machines are absolute garbage, go back to Xerox.