FedEx Office - I'm happy | Glassdoor

"I'm happy"

Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA

Pros

Well, I'm a very hard person to please when it comes to employment. I work as a customer service specialist here. I'm happy with the job I do. I've stayed here for a few years when I expected to just work here to supplement employment during a tough time. I reach out to customers, welcome them, expand opportunity, and grow small accounts. I have lots of fun making good contacts.

Nobody following you around as a SCSS and the trust you get in your position to get the job done. Learning new ways to help customers based on the tools you're given. For me, it's always fun and challenging.

Cons

Getting the message from Senior level management is usually like playing telephone. By the time the message gets to you its a bit distorted and confusing.

I'm sure if they refine it a bit, it will be fine.

I think the rewards package for sales people could be better refined.
Measurement tools used to rate the job you're doing benefits cheaters instead of those doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Let workers work. Put the pricing back in the hands of the centers. Give us price matching back. It worked for Kinko's. It may seem all over the board, but with our competitors all over the board, it would greatly benefit us to work at a more personal local level than at a national level.

I approve for the most part with what you're doing but you're making it very hard to compete for the business you want us to drive.

But, since I'm the type that is happy with a steady paycheck, I'll do whatever it is that is needed to get to the goal. Even if it moves when you get close to it.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

"Medicore"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

No office
    National foot print
    Ability to stay in a position regardless of your performence

Cons

Pop Copy...seriously, have you ever spoken with some at the Retail side
    Poor Salary if you decide to move within organization ( Capped at 18% increase)
    Lack of understanding of Sales activity and motivation
    Poor Bonus structure

Advice to Management

Seriously clean house, everyone in the senior sales roles and even the sales managers are all OUTOF DATE.. holding onto the position and doing bare minimum.
    The entire sales team aside from maybe 3-4 reps are happy being mediocre.

2. "About FedEx Office"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

The best reasons about working for this company is that everyone works as a team and I enjoy that as well the management.

Cons

The only thing that is a downside to some is the amount of work that is to be done in so little time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.