FedEx - Overall very good experience. The company is well-run and responsive to employee needs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"Overall very good experience. The company is well-run and responsive to employee needs."

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Collierville, TN
Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Collierville, TN

Pros

The benefits and worklife balance are excellent at FedEx. Without question this is the best place I've worked as far as that goes. The ability to move around in the company and grow is also quite good. I've now had three careers at FedEx and they have generously paid for my education while preparing for the latest. Their policy of promoting from within means that a lot of people I know have had opportunities to grow in ways they could not imagine.

Cons

Innovation takes time. Paperwork and procedures are somewhat complex and getting moreso all the time. This may be occurring at other firms as well, but it seems especially difficult here.

Advice to Management

Streamlining processes and instituting more collaborative processes across the Operating Companies would help us get more done for our customers.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. "Happly hard at work"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fast paced amd my co-workers and bosses are easy to get along with.

Cons

The heat is terrible , it would be alittle more bearile if there was a fan in my work area.

Advice to Management

If a worker is good and hard working , not always tatteling crying and complaining. Don't ignore them leave alone to do the work of 3 people. without sending her someone to help out so they are not struggling to catch their breath . Instead reward them with more hours, and opportunities to learn more so they move up , to add their abilities , skills,and hardwork to help guide and motivate the other workers.

2. "A solid, employee oriented company with great work-life balance and good pay/benefits relative to other industrial orgs."

Current Employee - Principal in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Principal in Memphis, TN

Pros

-Relatively good pay.
    - Good benefits: 401K, pension, PTO, medical-dental-vision, discounted airline travel, other little perks.
    - Work-life balance
    - Stability and job security
    - Reputation as a top 100 employer
    - Mobility across company and divisions

Cons

- Slow and bureaucratic at times.
    - Senior management more interested in empire building. Not much focus on efficiency.
    - Slow to innovate- happy with status quo.
    - Over-staffing (in some areas) resulting in bored under-utilized employees and fewer opportunities for upward growth.

Advice to Management

- Let us not rest on our past accolades and become too complacent. This is a high barrier-to-entry industry but we still need to focus on innovation, efficiency and speed in this era of global competition.