FedEx - Fedex- great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"Fedex- great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

As secure a job as you can get in todays environment. Opportunities exist for internal job movement when things are going good.

Cons

Ironically, some of the positives outlined above - job security makes people complacent and examples of seat-warmers are abundant.

Advice to Management

Institutionalize performance-based trimming of fat to survive the next decade of competition and opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

"FEDEX IS CHANGING! IT IS THE COMPANY OF YESTERDAY! THE ORGANIZATION NO LONGER VALUES THEIR EMPLOYEES"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Tampa, FL

Pros

FedEx was a great place to work. When I came to work for this company, I truly believed that it was an organization that cared about their employees. I thought it was a company where I could advance, grow and use the full range of my educational abillities. Unfortunately, after working for the company for almost 5 years, I have discovered that things are changing greatly at FedEx. FedEx is not a company that cares about their employees. I understand that the economic conditions are impacting this organization. However, I was very disappointed when the news revealed that I would be receiving a pay deduction before I was aware. To make matters worse, I opened an e-mail to read about the changes that would be effective immediately. I had to call my manager for clarification. This information was not proactively provided to me. What a disappointment? Did the company care about me? I wanted notification so that I could make the necessary adjustments and pay. To add insult to injury, the press release said that the pay deduction would be permenant and I would not receive a merit increase in 2009. I would be a little more accepting if the company was committed to bringing me back up to the my current salary level after the economic situation improves. There was no commitment. Health insurance costs continue to increase as well.

I cannot think of a good reason to work for FedEx, now.

Cons

If you are working as a Field Account Executive, you are in a deadend career. There are very few promotion opportunities until you know someone or play the "kiss your- you know what" game. Educations, sales success - it does not really matter. Also, the requirements of even advancing to the next grade level is nearly impossible.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should not forget the value that their people bring to the table. Good and dedicated employee are what made FedEx what it is today. When you lose sight of your employees and the value that they bring to the table, in the end, FedEx will not be successful.

"Excellent place to work but driven individuals beware!"

Current Employee - Database Advisor in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Database Advisor in Collierville, TN

Pros

Excellent camaraderie with other employees, job security, excellent benefits, very ethical company. I'm proud to work at FedEx.

Cons

There are a large number of employees that aren't carrying their fair share of the workload. While this is encouraging for some, because of job security, it is very discouraging for those that really want to contribute to FedEx's success. It can be demoralizing to see other's that aren't contributing as much getting the same recognition and compensation as those that strive hard to do an excellent job.

Advice to Management

Reward those that make larger contributions to FedEx's success. The current culture encourages top performers to leave the company and encourages lower performers to stay.