FedEx - Fedex is the worst company to work for, period. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"Fedex is the worst company to work for, period."

Current Employee - Courier in New York, NY
Current Employee - Courier in New York, NY

Pros

Get tuition reimbursment for college (to move on to better things)

Cons

Where shall I start? You are extremely overworked and underpaid. There is favoritism. Managers only care about their numbers. Fedex continues to take away benefits yet wants you to do more and more. Advancement only happens if you kiss you know what. I can go on and on but there isn't enough time in the day....

Advice to Management

I would say that every senior manager I have come across is in the right line of work for themselves. Fedex wants a cold, heartless tyrant and most senior managers, as well as managers, fit the bill.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. "FedEx Services is the best employer to work for in Memphis hands down."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

people come first - it is a family environment. They don't lay people off. They are commited to making everyone feel welcome. The pay is good and the work is challenging. Everyone is willing to help and no question asked is stupid. There are ample opportunities for growth and moving up in the organization. You write your own way - if there is something you want to do, they allow you the freedom to take on that challenge and make it your own all the while engaging you with the right individuals to help you excel. Everyone bleeds purple - company pride is apparent and infectious!

Cons

There are some groups which are not as friendly. Overall, this company is not as friendly as the last corporation where I was employed - I think this has to do with the international flavor of FedEx versus the last corporation where I worked most of the people were from the Southern US. It often takes a while to find out who the correct people are to be working with on any given project because the company is so gigantic and along with that comes an enormous amount of red tape from legal and those processes many times hold projects up for an unecessary amount of time.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the professionals. Come out and show your face - walk around and ask how we are doing.

"Pushing for purple perfection"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Orlando, FL

Pros

The brand is second to none, the service is second to none and the employees are second to none. Our customer are top priority from the janitors to the CEO. We all share the same vision and as a result we are able to focus on our customers. I would be willing to bet that if asked every single employee could tell you what their purpose is and why. I would also be willing to be that the answer would always end with a customer driven purpose. We know why we are here. It isnt about us.

Cons

It is a very long day. When you strive for perfection which the company and the employees do there are frustrating moments when something goes wrong. Weather, technology blips. We dont want unsatified customers. We are in the business of delivering packages not bad news. We have long days because we want the customer to be able to go home on time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and respond to your employees. we are your first line to your customer.