FedEx - I left FedEx years ago and Came Back in 2005 because I missed working at a GREAT company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"I left FedEx years ago and Came Back in 2005 because I missed working at a GREAT company!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, People First Policy, Great work environment

Cons

Pay could be better but that is made up for by all of the other great aspects of the company

Advice to Management

Upper management is out of touch because no one will tell them the facts.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. "Overall, A Good Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture. I don't think I ever met anyone at the company who didn't take pride in being able to say that they worked for FedEx.

Cons

The time it took to deliver new products and services to market was too long. This was due in large part to a heavy reliance on legacy technology platforms. Seldom did we have a first mover advantage.
    Plenty of opportunity to move laterally in your career, but to few opportunities to move upward.
    Compensation & Benefits: Base pay was good. Bonus was up and down depending on the company's performance vs. the overall economy. Retirement plan needed some work; company match into the 401k left a lot to be desired.

Advice to Management

Give your front-line employees the tools that they need to succeed. Remove the layers of bureaucracy that impede progress and slow time-to-market.

2. "Production consultant"

Current Employee - Production Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Production Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are good depending on which store location, plenty of work and never boring, lots of self improvement offerings

Cons

Self center co-workers, seem to blame other people instead of solving the issues, lots of transferring of work orders to other shifts that they do not want to do, there are no incentives to move up due to lack of small bonuses

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees that have been with the company for many years, they have lots of great ideas.