FedEx - This company has been here for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"This company has been here for me"

Current Employee - Courier in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Courier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Once you're in they bend over backwards for you; managers are encouraged to keep you happy and listen. The workload is balanced as much as possible. Benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation time same for full and part-timers.

Cons

You must be savvy about some politics in order to make this company work in your favor. Management gives the squeaky wheels all the grease and the hard-workers end up working harder; isn't that EVERY job though? I think so. Money is tight at fedex right now and I'm not sure we will survive if we don't innovate somehow.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that People and Service are the #1 priorities. Consistent, loyal employees will deliver the best service and FedEx WILL profit and the cycle will continue. But limit your staff to part-timers and service will suffer and the cycle will end.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. "As honestly as I can put it."

Former Employee - Courier in South Suburban, IL
    Former Employee - Courier in South Suburban, IL

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every day is the same, yet different. Once you leave the building you can sucessfully manage yourself. Great at working with communities and charities. Your success is what you make of it.

Cons

You're required to load your own truck so you leave the station and greet the public sweaty and nasty. Benefits became much more expensive. You're punished if you do well by getting your delivery stops per hour (SPH) raised. You're forced to speed in order to meet your daily SPH avg. You are a human resource: If you get hurt and can't work you're discarded like a bent paper clip. Management is never satisfied with ANY results, good or bad. Couriers and lower management turnover is very high. Management is verbally abusive at times. There is no work/life balance unless you fight for it. It can be a very high pressured job.

Advice to Management

97% of the workforce is hard working and honest. Go after the 3% and don't take it out the 97%.

2. "Over worked / Under paid"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As long as you do what is asked, little chance of being let go. Good benefits after min. time employeed is achieved.

Cons

No set schedule, hard to adjust to the hours.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the workers request in order to not have as much turnover.