FedEx - Had no problems! | Glassdoor

"Had no problems!"

Former Contractor - Driver P&D in Baltimore, MD
Former Contractor - Driver P&D in Baltimore, MD

I worked at FedEx as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility was great. It afforded me a good work/home balance with no surprise calls. For me, working with management was a great experience. The atmosphere was professional yet light and informal enough to achieve great communication.

Cons

Having to bring packages back after-hours - that was a nuisance, even though it didn't happen very often. Would be nice if the eligible Contract employees were offered permanent positions throughout the company and their divisions based on his (her) performance as opposed to hiring outside help after the contract period is over. Makes much more sense to hire whom the management is familiar instead of starting all over again with strangers and having the Contract employees re-apply for permanent spots. For instance, I was offered an on-call spot. Had it been permanent full-time AND a step-up into a CDL-driving position, I would've stayed to this day.

Advice to Management

Application process is horrendous! Shouldn't take anyone 4 hours to complete an application, especially when questions are repetitive. May want to consider reworking the online Application program. I do like, however, the way the information was saved in the System, which shaved off some input time to the application. As for the CEO, I can't offer an opinion because I wouldn't know who he is if he walked past me in a grocery store.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. "Fast pace. Load up truck and begin route"

Pros

Work is their. Good job security

Cons

Work until all packages are delivery. Even if it dark.

Advice to Management

Very slim chances. Advancement is not reachable

"It has been a good learning experience"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FedEx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started in college, that was the biggest plus. Set hours and good benefits, specifically for students.

Cons

After a while, you begin to feel not really wanted. And although they say they hire internally it really takes quite a bit for any sort of relocation.