FedEx - Good company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Fed Ex Courier in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Fed Ex Courier in Melville, NY

I have been working at FedEx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and perks for part time employees.

Cons

Part time only. Hard to get full time position.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to set their own routes as they feel is the most timely.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

"If you want to do it right and feel good doing it"

Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

FedEx makes you feel like you make the world go around (later, you realize you actually do!) - you are taught to live something we call the Purple Promise that simply states "I will make every FedEx experience outstanding". Very soon, you realize that dock loaders, desk workers, strategists, individual contributors, managers and executives actually believe this stuff and care about not just getting the job done but they actually care how you felt before, during and after you did it!! Very strange to most people under pressure to perform but the level of buy-in at the highest levels of the company shows newcomers right away that this company truly puts people first. If you're not feeling good about doing something, they want to know why - genuinely and fix it before you proceed.
    Quality Driven Management - This program has roots into every nook and cranny of operations and IT. FedEx truly believes in continuously improving to get better, finding better ways of doing things, being more efficient, gaining new skills and always pushing the boundaries of achievement while at the same time encouraging employees to live heavy family lives, taking vacations, flexible work from home options (mandatory 2 weeks of work from home) etc.
    When you're feeling this good about your work and your contributions, I challenge you to put out poor work - you can't - it's not possible.

Cons

There aren't enough observed national holidays - I think FedEx (being a worldwide deliver business) only observes 6 National holidays.

2. "Decent benefits, upper management failures"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at FedEx provided very decent wages. The company benefits allowed my girlfriend to give birth and choose which hospital to have our first child with all the advantages of prenatal care and provided "lifeworks" nurse.

Cons

I have experienced unfair treatment that included several years of fighting for upgrade of my job title/status along with a pay raise accordingly. Workload distribution amongst team members was also problematic, with longer tenured employees choosing the easiest job duties with the "grunt work" assigned to the new/junior employees and still receiving comparable pay raises. All time off is scheduled on seniority basis which at times affords the longest tenured employees all the holidays and/or prime summer vacation weeks and leaves the new employees with families and kids the unappealing weeks.

Advice to Management

Upper management should show more concern and reward them for increased efficiency or declines in accidents to their frontline employees like the CEO's on the network show "Undercover Boss" and stop hiding in Memphis most of the time.