Federal-Mogul - Solving the same problems, over and over | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

"Solving the same problems, over and over"

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

This job had good benefits, on the job training, and great people to work with. Anyone working on the shop floor was always helpful. The products are interesting, varied and high-quality. Management is OK with mid-level managers working the shop floor equipment to learn the ropes of the company.

Cons

Management culture is stuck. The high-margin products hide many sins, and the rotating younger employees mean that there is no consistency on the shop floor. The main strength is the experience of the seasoned operators, but this experience is not easily transferred to new employees. When someone leaves, their knowledge goes with them, much moreso than at other companies, and problems are "solved" repeatedly by each new employee.

Advice to Management

Encourage team building and cross-training of operators and management staff. The silos of information need to end, with more official documentation of problems and solutions, with a focus on standardized troubleshooting. Amazing experience exists in house, but it needs to be transferred sustainably.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal-Mogul

"RUN!"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Skokie, IL

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recognizable name and the automotive industry experience is nice.
    Provided training to employees

Cons

Management doesn't believe in a work/life balance. I was constantly getting pressure to come in eariler and work weekends.
    Machinery was old and the entire facility was filthy. I would be covered in dirt by the end of the day.
    The last straw was a passive aggressive email, I received from HR because I would take a 45 minute lunch break instead of a 30 minute lunch. SERIOUSLY!.I stay an hour over everyday & come in early and I still get this nonsense.

2. "Good if you just want a job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

* You'll be working with diversity of people.
    * Great to learn some new skills.
    * A quick hiring company.

Cons

*The Federal Mogul in Tennessee pays $10.35hr tops.
    *You'll be working plenty of overtime. It's good if you need the money. But you won't have much time off to enjoy it.
    *The company has very, very limited benefit package which you just might benefit from it.
    *You can get terminated for almost any reason without being addressed the situation.
    *Your production is the key in staying gainfully employment. Yet the management pick and chooses who stays and who goes regardless.

Advice to Management

No comment. I'll stay posted on how the company does in the near future.